Thursday, July 2, 2009

Water Color Portrate

I saw this idea at Craftsters and decided to give it a whirl. I didn't have a light box, so I made my own! I just took a piece of glass out of a frame that I wasn't using. I cut myself on the edge, so I recommend putting tape around the edges to protect yourself!


I just pulled my table apart and put the piece of glass over it. Put a lamp underneath the glass and WALLAH! A free light box!


Tape the glass and the paper down. I needed my light a little closer, so I just propt it up with some boxes.


I used adobe photoshop and turned my photos black and white. If you are using this program the easiest way to do that is to open your photo, press D. Then at the top go to (Filter-Sketch-Stamp).


I would like this better if I had shaped her face better and used better colors. Oh well. This was my test run #1!

Test run #2. Better, but I still am learning with the colors. Hhhhmmmm any suggestions!?!

1 comment:

Michaelangelo said...

Wow Brenda, these are AMAZING!

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.