Sunday, September 20, 2009

Booster Seat

My daughter LOVES to sit at the table with the family to eat dinner. She has to have a booster seat. The chair gets so messy and is hard to keep clean. It pains me to admit it, but I don't clean it after every meal. There too many crevasses and the whole thing has to be taken apart to get it clean. The chair the booster sits on gets really nasty too!


So, I invented a cover for it. I made up my own pattern and added the big ruffle on the bottom to prevent food from going underneath the booster. It is easy to remove and machine washable.


I also made a little thing to sit on the back of the chair because my daughter grabs there with her dirty, sticky hands. It's not that easy to scrub little finger prints off of wood.

I need to add holes for the straps to come through so she can be buckled up, but my machine doesn't zig zag, so I have to borrow my friends. I am going to add some iron on vinyl so it can be wiped down really easy, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I am not sure it I should have done that first, before I sewed it all together. hhhmmm.... I will see.

No comments:

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.