Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas in November

My sister gave me this wooden Christmas tree a long time ago. When we moved, I remembered I had it. (It had been in our storage room for 4 years!) So, my brain was mulling it over the other day and I had an incredible idea of how to put it to use!


1st: I primed it (i will use less paint now)!


2nd: I painted it green.

3rd: Add 12 pegs. I wanted to do a rustic hook, but didn't find anything that would work, so I used wooden pegs instead. I just hammered them in and painted them green.


I wrapped some ribbon around it and tide a big bow at the bottom. I got these little ornaments are Hobby Lobby for 50% off! Perfect for the open holes.



I got these little sacks at hobby lobby too. I just put stickers on the front and taped some wire onto it.




4th: Put sacks onto tree! Here is our count down to Christmas tree!


here's a close up of those cute little bags.

5th: Add the star on top. I still have to fix the star, but hubby didn't know where his wire cutters were, so it will have to wait for another day. I am going to make the star sit closer to the wood and sit straight;)

1 comment:

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very creative! Those little bags make it so cute!

Thanks for linking! : )

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.