Monday, January 18, 2010

Guest Blogger

Hey hey! I just wanted to let you know I am over at Licking Lollipops today! Go check me out. Also, without further ado, I give you Emily!!!!!!!

Hello Therapeutic Craft Readers!! My name is Emily and you can find me over at Licking Lollipops! I'm a 24 year old graduate student, wife, sister, daughter and crafter. I'm currently gettingmy masters degree in Counseling and I've also struggled with depression since 2004 after I attempted suicide trying to deal with my depression. Depression can be such a scary and disheartening condition. Every thing that Brenda has said is true. If you think you might be stuggling with depression I urge you to ask for help. Ask for help from anyone, your loved ones, your friends, your doctor and most importantly a counselor of some kind. I am also very open about my story with depression and how I've dealt with it in the past and the presence, so if you have any questions for me, please visit me and feel free to ask anything.

Now on to what I have for you today. In my bathroom, I have all my necklaces on one of those ugly accordion holder thingys.



It's done it's job but now I want something that looks better than that. So I came up with this:



So what you need is a frame of some sort, (I got mine at a thrift store and painted it blue, I love re-purposing things) spray paint if you need to paint your frame, some nails or a staple gun and some sort of metal sheet wire (I used chicken wire that I got from my Dad last time I went home).



What you do first is spray paint your frame if you need to. You could buy one that you already like, but I just like to spray paint things. Plus that frame was $2.



After you spray paint your frame, you could distress it if you wanted it. Distressed furniture and things like that don't really fit in with anything that I own, so I just liked the glossy finish of the spray paint. You could also put a glaze on it too if you didn't like the finish of the spray paint.

Once your frame is finished, cut your wire about 1/3 to 1/2 in bigger than the opening on the back of your frame.



Once your wire is cut, press it into your frame. You cut it a little bit bigger so that it will stay in your frame.



You might have to bend the wire to fit in there since it's bigger, but this will cause the wire to stay in with little help. The raw edges of my wire was pretty sharp, so I tried to stick that into the wood so it would stay in there. After you get the wire how you like it, use your staple gun/hammer a few nails in where your wire doesn't want to stay. After that you should be done!

Hang your jewelery on it and you have a pretty place to display and store your pretties!

Here is just a sneak peak at some of the things you can find over at my place.





I hope you've enjoyed this little tutorial and I hope you come and visit me at Licking Lollipops! It's been great being here today!

No comments:

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.