Thursday, January 7, 2010

Plate you Photos

Well, now that the holidays are over, I am trying to figure out how to decorate my house. It's slow going because I feel a little sluggish from the whirlwind of the past month. .......breathing......relaxing....ah! Well, I decided to put some everyday plates in my plate hanger. BUT I jazzed the up a bit with three 8 X 10 photos and mod podge;)

I traced the circle with a bowl and cut it out. Then I Mod Podged the photo onto the plate. To help it dry flat I placed another plate on top and then a plant for some extra weight.


A technique I used doesn't show in the photo, but if you put a thin layer of Mod Podge on the picture, making sure all your strokes are going vertical. Let dry about 20 seconds. Then withOUT adding more mod podge, using the same brush, make strokes going horizontal. It will look like a canvass print.


I have one of each kiddo and a family photo in the middle. I am thinking I want some words, but I haven't decided yet.

No comments:

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.