Wednesday, March 3, 2010

$5 Challenge

Living with Lindsay has laid the gantlet down. She has challenged all crafters to make a craft for $5 or less from any $1 store. Find out more HERE.
I got my creative mind to work and came up with this really great wall decor~












I got three 11 X 14 frames.


















2 packets of stickers (I forgot to take a picture before I took the stickers off:) for a grand total of $5!!!!! YEAH!


















I had this from an art class I took. it's 18X24


















Using the paper from the frame, I traced and cut out the rectangle to fit the frames from the water color paper.














I just squirted some water color paint onto the paper.
 













Using a lot of water on my brush, I just smeared it all over the paper. Just keep dipping your paint brush into the water and it will glide smoothly over your paper. The more paint you use the darker it gets.














Here is what it looked like when I was done.














I didn't like the yellow with the stickers so I changed it to blue and green.














Here are my rectangles drying.


I just slapped on the stickers where ever I fancied. I put 'hula girl', but I think a girls name would be just as cute.
 
It needed something, so I printed these off my computer for some inspiration.
 
Then, using colored pencils, I free handed it onto the pages. Some swirls and leaves.
I sprayed this over the whole thing because I didn't want it to smear. Plus, this will protect the art.

Using water color makes the paper dry bumpy, so I placed lots of books on it to flatten the pages out.

I painted the frames hot pink and put the pictures in. Wallah! $5 art work!


5 comments:

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Creative wall art at an amazing price - You did a great job!

Decor To Adore said...

What a sweet project. You are one clever and crafty girl. Have a happy spring!

Kendra@Creative Ambitions said...

These look great!!

KimMalk said...

These look so fun!

Jess @ Just a Blink said...

Fresh and fun! Are they for your daughter's room? I love unique pieces of art that match room decor. Nice job!

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.