Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Week

Here is the beautiful palm tree in our back yard.


















Gorgeous right!?! It provides so much shade during the summer. It has one fatal flaw. Look closely and you will see that it is pushing our wall over.

Call me crazy, but I really don't want to pay for that wall to be rebuilt or have my neighbors who we share the wall with sue me. So, it's bye bye palm tree.


















Look at all the carnage left behind:(


















Now we have get to land scape back here and I don't know what to do. I want something tall to provide shade and privacy from the neighbors, but it can't be a tree or anything with a big root system. hhhmmmm... any suggestions? Note, I live in AZ where it gets to 119 degrees in the summer so it has to withstand the heat.

To replace the palm tree in our back yard, our HOA approved 2 new trees to be planted in our front yard:) YEAH! We are saving the earth one HOA approval at a time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey From one fellow Arizonan to the other...SHADE...LOL...I wish I coudl help you out with suggestions but I can't...I feel for your loss of your palm tree!!! My HOA isn't as strict as yours. We can do anything to the landscaping! Just not the structure of the house...Let me know what you pick out!!! If you live in the Phoenix area I have a craft night the last friday of everymonth! Send me your email and I'll add you to the blog roll if you are interested in more information. We would LOVE to have you join us!!!

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.