Thursday, August 12, 2010

Couch make over

I have been waiting a long time for this reveal. Hubby has been graduated from med school for a year now, but we are just starting out, so I have to spend wisely. I have lived with an ugly couch for the last 4 1/2 years. I FINALLY have a cover for it. The couch is still in great condition, and it is REALLY comfortable.
I liked this look at Pottery Barn (on sale for $159) I would have bought it, but it wouldn't fit my style of couch. DRAT.


well, Sure Fit came to my rescue. I found a pre-made slip cover for the couch.














I added some pillows. I have been saving this fabric for a long time (1 year) just for this purpose. Look how beautiful it looks now! The idea for the all teal pillow I got from HERE. But I changed mine a bit.














Here is a close up on those rosets. I just hot glued mine on;)














Before:














After:
 I also changed the couch's position and put it in my bay window. My piano is on that wall now.













Now I need to get a couch table and put it behind my couch with a few well placed decorations. I also would like to do some very simple window treatments. Something like these from pottery barn

















































Or these from Ballard Design
 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.