Thursday, September 23, 2010

Christmas in September

This may seem like a strange early post, but my sister is coming to my house in 2 weeks and I wanted to save myself shipping costs. She lives in a different state. Sooooooooo, I made her Christmas present for her to take home with her. If you are said sister, STOP READING!!! You know who you are, you pregnant wonder you.

Alright, now that I got that cleared, I am pretty sure she is still reading:) BUT, whatever, this will spoil her Christmas surprise. hhhhhhmmmmm...... maybe I should wait to publish this post. NOPE! I am way too excited to show you what I came up with! This thing was a beast. I didn't really have a clear vision for what I was going for, so I had a ton of mistakes and had to re-paint 3 times because I tried putting the vinyl on when the paint was still a little wet. Then I sprayed some glitter and it came out way to fast and too thick. Then my daughter stepped on it when I was letting the paint dry and I had to clean her and all her little feet print up. NOT GOOD!

I seriously about just trashed the hole project, but I left it alone for about 4 days. I thought and thought of how to salvage what I did have. I wanted to use what I had so I could stop wasting vinyl. See each time I had to re-paint, I had to cut out more vinyl. Ugh!

Long story short, I finally got it right. I added some brown paint to distress it. It was the final touch to this project.














I used 2 colors of ribbon and overlapped them


















Just some sparkly holly stickers from Hobby Lobby














Top words







Bottom words











Think she will like it!?! I do. Does it inspire you to make one? Well you still have 2 1/2 months left to make one!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

so pretty! I think I'll try one. :)

Jessie K said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.