Friday, September 10, 2010

Vinyl Mainia

 Well, yesterday my first shipment of vinyl came from THIS web cite. It is made for Cricuts. Anywho, I had a Make and Mingle at my house last night and we were suppose to be using vinyl to make THIS sign. (sorry I was so preoccupied I forgot to take pictures). Some of the ladies made boards for mothers and mother in laws that said, "some of my greatest blessings call me grandma". Pics or grand kids will be hung at the bottom.















Well, I didn't take into account the holiday on Monday for shipping purposes. So the vinyl came the day of the activity at 3:30pm. I had 10 boards to cut vinyl for (20 pieces of vinyl to prepare). If any of you know the joys of vinyl, it is a lot of work. Needless to say I was not finished getting it all ready when the activity started. Grrrrrr! BUT, they had to paint first so I had time to work. The ladies were very patient with me and helped where they could. I worked straight from 3:30pm until 9pm getting the vinyl ready, helping the ladies make the craft, and cleaning up. I am exhausted! So, I will be taking it easy for the next couple of days.
I just want to give a BIG shout out to hubby for helping clean the house and taking care of the kiddos while I was so busy.


With all this vinyl flying around, I put it to use for some much needed door bell silencing.

I have had sooooooooooooo many solicitors lately. I have finally gotten fed up and made a sign.

It was super simple. I had the tile in my garage (left over from the floor being re-tiled). I cut the outdoor vinyl on my Cricut and put it on my front porch. Now, let's see if it actually works!

No comments:

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.