Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

Because I am a lover of pumpkin bread, I decided to share this recipe with you. I prefer more natural ingredients, so I used honey instead of white sugar. I will give you both measurements.


Pumpkin Bread (you can frost it, but it is REALLY tasty as is)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar (I substitute 2/3 cup liquid honey)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 beaten eggs
16 oz. of pumpkin puree
1 cup olive oil



Combine all dry ingredients. If you are using honey instead then put cup of oil in liquid measuring cup. Add honey directly to the oil until mixture is 1 2/3 cups. Pour into dry ingredients and mix. Add all wet ingredients and mix until smooth.

bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes in a cake pan (9 x something I can't remember at this moment)

enjoy!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I love that you used honey and olive oil.

I have to try this. Thanks,

Alissa

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.