Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Laundry Room Makeover

Here is the 2nd room on the list. This has been a long time in coming. It is one of those projects that I have wanted to do for a very long time, but never got around to it:) Our laundry room is really small because it's more of a hall way that enters into the garage. So it is the first thing I see when I enter the house and the last thing I see when I leave. It's time this room got some TLC.

Here is the before. Messy, unorganized, and stressful.















After:
Sorry about the lighting in here. There is no windows, just an over head light.



View from garage door.
 












Cleaned off all the junk off the dryer.














The "junk" on the dryer went on the floor below where we have a small space to hang cloths to dry. It is farther back so you can't see it unless you bend over. I also added a black trash can which has gone a long way to keep things clutter free:)
On the opposite wall of are where the hall door opens and garage door opens. I just added 2 pics of my son because most of the wall is hidden because of the way the doors swing. Plus, I don't want the decorations to get hit by the doors.


















I moved this sign that I made a long time ago above the key hooks. I will eventually do something different for the key hooks, but for now, it works.

I got this frame from Hobby Lobby 85% off. I didn't like how it looked, but no problem.
I just painted it black, added some vinyl and we are good to go.














The Corner just right of the shelf is this. 
So, for the black box, I literally just spray painted the box these candles came in:)















The glass jar is from Ikea. I added some vinyl that way no one forgets it is the detergent;) j/k
This cute little basket is from Hobby Lobby and it was 50% off. I put my dryer sheets in it.
I use to have a bamboo plant in here, but it didn't get watered one time while we were on vacation so it died. Whoops! So, I have had this jar with rocks in it and didn't know what to do with it.  I think it goes well with the whole feel I have in this room. I added some flowers from Ikea that are bright and cheerful!





















 These baskets are from Ikea. The higher one holds things I don't use daily (magic erase markers, bleach pens, stain remover, cloth dye, and extra drier sheets). The lower basket has all the ironing items in it (iron, spray bottle, and starch). You can see where we hang cloths to dry below the baskets.
Lastly, hubby asked me to make something to put in this basket to prevent his 'stuff' from falling out. This is where he puts his phone, pager, and anything else in his pockets when he first walks into the door. He hasn't been using it for a while because everything kept falling out of it. So this will go a long way to keeping the long counter in my kitchen clutter free;) I just folded some card stock into it and the problem was solved:)
I think I am going to link up to some of the link parties you can find on the left side bar of my blog:)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

LOOKS AMAZING!

Jackie said...

That looks great! I bet it is more fun to do laundry now. :-)

I would love to have you join my new link party.

http://blessingsoverflowing.blogspot.com/2011/01/fix-it-up-friday-burlap-covered-box.html

Jackie said...

Thanks for linking to my blog! :-)

Unknown said...

Looks great!!! Do you also make your own laundry soap? If so what is your recipe?

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.