Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Knock it off

Its a Pottery Barn knock off! THIS little baby sells for $29 I already had the vinyl so I didn't have to spend any money on this one!
I used Kalocsai Flowers font for the purple flowers and leaves.  I used Wingding 2 font for the pink flowers. For the green vines I used Nymphette font and stretched it out long, I also used the same thing for the curly things by the initials. (you can download these fonts for free at dafont.com)

Sorry about the lighting. There is one window and it is south facing. Plus, no over head light. I only had a floor lamp to work with. 

BEFORE: boring white space above the closet that is screaming for something creative and for that wreath to come down. (please ignore the cloth storage above. I will work on that later)








Weeding vinyl:

The top is the whole flower. The bottom is a piece of the flower I used.
















I wanted the middle of the flowers to be yellow. Waits of vinyl, yep. Do I care, nope. It was worth it.














AFTER:
The flowers and N are in a bright pink. The pictures make the color look different.








I wanted more purple in it so I added parts of the flower up by the 'N' too.














I really LOVE how it turned out. It is perfect for the space. I think I would have liked it better if the N was bigger.

Link Party

4 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

That is gorgeous! I need to do something like that in Makenna's room after we move!

Just Jaime said...

Great knockoff!

Joi Montrief said...

So precious! I would love it if you could stop by Heck Fridays today(Thursday) and post it on our first link party!

http://www.heckfridays.blogspot.com

Hope to see you soon!!!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Brenda! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.