Cranberry Toffee Cookies
By: Home Run Recipes
Makes 5-6 Dozen
1 Cup of Vegetable Shortening
1 Cup Real Butter (softened not melted)
1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 to 3 1/2 cups Flour
3 cups Oatmeal
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups dried cranberries
2 Cups Toffee Bits
2 Cups Choc. Chips (optional) sometimes I just use milk chocolate toffee bits to get the chocolate.
1. Mix the shortening and butter with the white and brown sugar.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla
**** Now mix these until they change to a beautiful lighter colored cream. This is very important. It takes at least 3 minutes but mixing it for 5 or 6 minutes will guarantee it's mixed well. I know people who mix for 10 minutes to be safe.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together.
4. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well. Then add the other 1/2 of the flour mixture. Add your oatmeal .
5. Finally add the craisins, toffee bits, and chocolate chips.
***DO NOT use cooking spray on your pan. This makes the cookies bake uneven. I use parchment paper or nothing. Just scoop those cookies right onto the pan.
6. BAKE for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden on top. This leaves the center nice and soft. If you cook until they are golden colored all over they are overcooked.