Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How to get hard boiled eggs to peel easily

With Easter around the corner this is a handy tip.   I dislike it when I peel an Easter egg and the egg comes with the shell.  I have read and read ideas on how to get the shells off of hard boiled eggs. Some ideas talked about the water temp and this cooling down system, to bothersome. 
I have an easy solution that always works!  I just dump a little BAKING SODA into the water.   I am guessing it's a tablespoon size.

Step 1- Fill the pan with water
Step 2 -Dump the baking soda in.  (I just dump it right from the box)
Step 3 - Boil your eggs.



photo courtesy of Mcormick.com

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thank you for sharing this! I will definately try it this easter. I make deviled eggs and usually cannot use about 5 or 6 because so much egg has come off with the stupid shell!

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.