Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gift Ideas

I am giving this as a bridal shower gift, but it would be great for a homemade Christmas gift too. I made a set of 4 coasters and matching hand towels. I also copied a bunch of my favorite recipes and will be including those too.



Set of 4 Coasters:
cut 8 4 1/2" X 4 1/2" squares
take two squares and pin RST (right sides together). Sew around leaving a small opening to flip right side out.
Press sews flat and sew around the edges, making sure to catch the opening so it is sew shut.. Continue around in a square spiral to the very center of coaster.
Here is a close up so you see how I spiraled mine. It isn't perfect, but I think that is part of the charm.


Press flat. Repeat for remaining 3 coasters.
I will do a photo tutorial of the hand towels later. They are a little more complicated, but still easy.

No comments:

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.