Saturday, April 10, 2010

Guest Blogger: Poppies at Play

Hey Ya'll!
It's Andy from Poppies at Play!
It's such an honor to be a guest here today on Therapeutic Crafting!
How's everyone doing?!?
I hope Spring is hitting you like it hit me today!!
While I was out running, I actually ran past someone mowing their lawn!! What the what!?
It was wonderful!!! 
I would love to tell you a little about myself!
I am married to Mr. Handyman himself who I like to refer to as "The Joe".
Ta ha ha ha...I took this picture on Easter and it cracks me up every time I see it.  Doesn't it look like his head is floating?!  He can do just about anything in this world which has motivated be to learn how to do a few things on my own. I have loved learning how to operate power tools and combine that with my love of painting.  I am a mother to 5 crazy kidlets who are my whole world! The oldest is 8 and the youngest is 2.  Having a bit of craft time now and again keeps me sane!!!
It's so much fun to craft and create as I'm sure you'll all agree!
It's so very energizing.
I believe it is something that EVERYONE can do! 
Here are a few of my latest favorite projects that I've been working on over at 
 I mean seriously easy and CHEAP
Another one of my most recent projects was turning an entertainment center door
I am addicted to pegboards.  Just plain addicted. I'm not ashamed to say it either....ADDICTED.
Here's a fun idea for a Family Home Evening Chart. 
I had to have these knobs from Hobby Lobby for the families initials! 
And to finish up I'd love to share with you one of my very favorite furniture refashions.
I switched out the glass doors for beadboard. After some painting, antiquing and new hardware it totally cheers me up whenever I catch a glimpse of it!
Well, thanks again for letting me take a moment to share a little of myself with you!
I would love to see what projects you've been working on as well!
Every Friday I have a Creative Cats linky party and I would love to have you join!
Stop by and say "Hi" sometime!!
Wishing you all the best!
XOXO,
Andy

No comments:

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.