Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reverse Stencil

I was really excited to make a peace sign on a onesie. I drew a stencil on contact paper, cut it out, and then realized I had done it the wrong way. Instead of creating a stencil, I had made the shape. CRAP!














I did the pink one first.  I loved how it turned out it so I decided to do it again, but with a tutorial for all of you!















Well, I didn't want it to go to waste, so I decided to do a revers stencil. Bam! I put it onto the onesie.














Armed with a paint brush and paint.....













This is the paint I bought at Joanns using a 40% off coupon.














I squirted green paint all over it.














I squirted yellow paint on top.














Using the paint brush, I lightly mixed and spread the paint. It gives the base a tie dyed look. Then I squirted yellow paint on top of that. 














I squirted more green paint and then let it dry for about  1 hours.















I peeled off the peace sign and let it dry completely for another 24 hours. I just wanted to make sure it was completely dry. Here it is in all it's glory. This one I wanted to see what it looked like if I didn't go outside the circle. I think I like it better when the paint is spread to the outside too.  I did that on the pink one and it gives it more definition.














Notice how I spread the paint to the outside of the circle.














I would love to see the reverse applique onesies you do. Get creative and use different shapes! Link up so we can all see your creativity.

3 comments:

KennaWilde said...

I love it! Is the paint puff paint? Kinda looks like it.

Brenbren said...

yep, it's fabric puff paint. Any fabric paint would work though.

Z said...

SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! ALL MY FRIENDS WILL LOVE IT!!!

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.