Saturday, October 23, 2010

Jack-o-lantern Shirts

As promised, here is the tutorial on how to make jack-o-lantern shirt. You can find the hat tutorial HERE.


Supplies:
Women's tights are from Target


You can draw your own design, get a template off the internet. I used punkinhead font from dafont.com (the letter q).
Cut out a template for the faces with clear contact paper.














Paint edges in. I did a layer of black then a layer of glitter.






















I wanted black and white stripped sleaves, but I wanted easy. Sooooo, I just used a pair of leggings that I cut the length I wanted them to be + seam allowance.














Hem the wrist by folding over twice. Top stitch.














For the top, around my arm, I just made a casing and put elastic in it. It can be removed or added as needed. You could sew it directly to the shirt or wear a long sleeve striped shirt underneath. I just used what I already had;)



















5 comments:

syndi said...

Leggings as sleeves... very clever. I'm making one of these!

Anne said...

Where did you but your leggings? Super cute!

Anne said...

Oops, meant to say buy. Typing with a baby in my arms. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the shirt and the hat! I'm including you in my Friday Favorites this week!

Anne said...

This is such a cute shirt! I love those striped arms!! I would never have guessed that they're tights.

I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-jack-o-lantern-t-shirt-with-layered-sleeves/2010/10/28/

--Anne

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.