Saturday, July 2, 2011

House Shutters and a Shed

We've been working on our yard all month.  It cracks me up when people say, "are you going to plant grass first?"  No that's really the last thing.  We've got dirt to move around, sprinkler system to do, and a long list of other things.  On cold, windy, and rainy evenings my husband worked on shutters for the house.  He bought cedar fence pickets and cut them to the size of the windows.  He took a picture of the front door to Sherwin Williams and they matched the stain color pretty close.  Here's some photos of how it changed the house(wish my photography skills were better because they never do the projects justice).  I love how they turned out. 

BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER


Simple and really inexpensive. 


 Putting them together.

 Our baby likes to help.  He wouldn't let me hold him once he saw dad working.

 His FAVORITE and FIRST place to go once he's outside.

I couldn't get this picture to stay rotated. 

DURING: I believe this is called pole barn style. 

FINISHED: Matches the house.

1 comment:

Brenbren said...

I LOVE the shutters! They look amazing. It is crazy the difference they make. Your shed looks good too.

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.