Thursday, October 6, 2011

Halloween Printable and tutorial

Today I will be offering 2 new printables. The Halloween plates and the happy Halloween sign!

You will need mod podge, vinyl lettering, a frame, and 3 plates.

I don't remember what font I used for the Happy Halloween but I really like it in "house sitter's club, impervious, or claudia jean" These are all free fonts I got HERE. The font I used for the plates was Papyrus.

I realize many do not have a vinyl cutting machine. So, I have found a solution, although it will be a little more work for you:) I created a jpeg that you can print out and use as a stencil to cut out from vinyl or black contact paper with scissors or an exacto blade. Please keep in mind you will have to size the file to fit your plates and frame.

8x10 frame

plates


First download the following 4 files.
Definitions #1
Definitions #2
Definitions #3
Definitions #4

I printed them off at home on regular paper with and ink jet printer. I think I made 5 copies of each file. Maybe more. Next, you will rip the paper into little pieces. There is no method to it. Smaller pieces work best. I liked it better with more words showing and less empty space. Here is a close up of the background.  See the open spaces with less writing, I don't like it, but I like it where there is lots of writing.













FRAME:
Take out the glass from the frame:) Arrange the pieces of paper onto the glass, mod podge as you go. After the entire piece of glass  is covered with the words, put your vinyl lettering on. Then spread a thin layer of mod podge over the entire thing. Place back in the frame and hot glue a cute ribbon onto the back. Hang up and enjoy!

PLATES:

Cut out a circle the same size as the center of the plate. I used light weight card stock. Mod podge the torn pieces onto the paper. After the entire circle is covered, cut of the excess that might be hanging over the circle. Put a thin layer of mod podge onto the back of the circle and place in the center of the plate. Smooth out any bumps or bubbles. Place another plate on top and add weight. Leave the plate to dry over night. Place the vinyl onto the circle and spread a small layer of mod podge on top.

No comments:

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.