Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Aha! Moment

I don't remember who coined this phrase, I want to say it was Oprah, but I literally had an Aha! moment a few days ago. I was reading through some of the writings I did when I was battling depression. This comparison came into my head as I saw where I once was and where I am today.


When my daughter was around 6 months old she was being immunized. She had to have a lot of shots that day and I remember pushing my back against the wall with tears running quickly down my face as she screamed and cried from the pain. My heart ached to reach out to her. The minute the nurses were finished I rushed to her and held her in my arms rocking her until she calmed down. It came to my mind that my Father in Heaven was pushed up against a wall watching me anxiously with tears streaming down his face as he watched me suffer in pain until he could rush in and comfort me. My daughter’s pain was necessary for her physical health. My pain was necessary for my spiritual health. A loving father in heaven allowed depression to "nearly drown" me because He knew it would make me better, it was a necessity. Just as I knew the immunizations would make my daughter's health better, even a necessity.

3 comments:

B J Elder said...

WOW! God is so amazing, and when we get that 'AHA'... well, there just aren't words to describe it. I know many look at us with that "are you crazy" look when we say we are thankful and grateful for the depression (or in my case the fibromyalgia), but when we see how God has used these things for our good and His glory, how can we help but thank him! Blessings to you.

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

I just watched a Hilary Weeks music video on YouTube. It goes along with this, get tissues cause it'll make you cry. The song is called: Beautiful Heartbreak. Let me know what you think of it.

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.