Monday, February 27, 2012

H2O

 photo source: photobucket













If you are anything like me, you don't drink near enough water every day. It is hard for me to get it all in. I even carry a water bottle around all the time and still don't drink enough. It's essential for weight loss to drink around 1 gallon of water a day. Did you know that most of the time (not always) when you feel hungry you are actually thirsty? The signal for when you are hungry or thirsty are the same.










I learned a trick to make sure I get enough water from reading this book:

Every single time I take a drink of water I take 5-10 swallows. I go right in the middle at 7. Ten makes me feel too sloshy and 5 isn't enough. I find myself filling my water bottle much more frequently. Try it out, it works for me. Just make sure you have a fresh supply of toilet paper handy;)












Also, I wanted to share something with you about shin splints. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods to get some new running shoes and the guy helping me was a seasoned runner/running coach. I told him I had been suffering from shin splints for a long time and had done icing, heat, stretching, strengthening shin muscles, etc and it never really helped.

He smiled knowingly and said, "All you need is a shoe with more rubber on it because it will cushion the blow more. It would make it more like running on a track. More rubber, less gel."
Say what!?! That is seriously all I had to do? I was joyful, upset, ecstatic, and why did no one every say this before? Apparently it is a closely guarded secrete..... ooooorrrrr, no one knows about it. So, I HAD to share this with all ya'll because I have taken those bad boys out for a spin and they really are more cushiony. FYI I only use Asics. I have tried other shoes and for my foot these work and fit bets. My favorite shoe was

Asics Gel-1170 running shoe










I could literally feel the difference on impact when testing out different styles. More rubber was bouncier, a little heavier, but it softened the blow of ever step. My shins are thanking me....but mainly thanking the genius at Dick Sporting Goods who knows his running shoes.

No comments:

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Therapeutic Crafting.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.